Demolition of structures and building are carried out for several reasons. Every structure and building has its life span, and no building can last more than 100 years no matter how durable material is used during making the structure. When the life of the building or the structure is over, then it is time to demolish the existing one and then plan to build a new building in place of the old one. Such demolition services in Maroubra are carried out by licensed professionals in Australia. The structure may be demolished to replace the old structure with the new one but not only for the end-of-life span of the building.
Demolition or dismantling of the structure is done by the controlled method:
1. Process involved:
Demolition services is Maroubra is done systematically by professionals, and they have all equipment and methodology by which they carry on the work.
It is important to carry on the survey before planning to dismantle the structure. The experts must study the different parts of the structure and then reach the point which will justify the demolition of the building. The experts conduct both the building survey and the structural survey.
2. Building survey involves:
- Construction material used.
- Hazardous materials, wastewater, flammable or explosive, matters arising from toxic chemicals, radioactive materials, etc.
- Usage of building
- Shared facilities with adjoining buildings, including common staircases and partition walls.
- Drainage conditions and possible problems on water pollution, flooding and erosion.
- The sensitivity of the neighbourhood concerning dust, noise, traffic, and vibration impact.
- Adjoining pedestrian and vehicular traffic conditions
3. The structural survey includes:
- The structural system and conditions of basements, underground tanks or underground vaults.
- The method of construction
- The condition of the structure
- The original structure system and its design.
4. A demolition plan is necessary:
Before any demolition services, Maroubra takes place, a thorough plan is necessary. Such a plan explains the different processes involved in it.
- The location of the building.
- The adjoining building in the locality and even the streets, structures and the street furniture in and around the building
- The support system is like the structural part of the building.
- The plan will demonstrate the procedure of demolition and the method to be adopted.
- The plan also shows all the preventive measures required for the public, including hoarding, walkways, catch fans, catch platforms, protective screens, and safety nets.
- Time required to finish the demolition
5. Safety measures must be adopted:
It is important that the company that undertakes the job of demolition has insurance for all the workers and labourers involved in it. The site supervisors, engineers and other workers must be aware of the equipment they will have to handle during the demolition work.
- All inflammable articles must be removed unless those are required for the demolition work.
- Firefighting instruments must be present at the site if in case they are necessary.
- Due to demolition, the workers might have to face a lot of exposure to dust, heat stress, chemical exposure, noise exposure, medical and first aid facilities and sanitation and other relative stress hence all protection must be present at the site.