Are you questioning the quality of the waterproofing that has been used in your bathroom and wondering how long it will last? Getting wrong waterproofing can be disastrous and will cost you heavily.
Waterproofing is considered a complicated and confusing task. Bathroom waterproofing in Sydney starts with choosing the right contractor offering solutions with all the necessary elements that will make a good waterproofing foundation.
A professional bathroom waterproofing service provider in Sydney starts with a compact groundwork where quality products are being used that will ensure that the bathroom will last long. It should prevent all the damages that can be caused by water leaks or even condensation to prevent structural damage.
What is the Importance of Bathroom Waterproofing?
Waterproofing your bathroom ensures that the floor of the bathroom and the shower stall are watertight. A bathroom that is perfectly waterproofed helps to maintain the house with minimum effort and also supports to keep the bathroom look new.
The Bathroom waterproofing companies understand the unique characteristics of the house and do exactly that is required for troubleshooting the water leaks and the other bathroom problems.
The areas where waterproofing is most required?
Several areas in the bathroom need to be waterproofed. However, first, the location of the damage that caused the leak needs to be identified. Below are some of the probable areas:
- Pipelines that opens near the walls and floors
- Concealed water pipes like PVC pipes or pipe joints
- Tile grouts where most of the tiles are not joined properly
- Shower area
- Jambs of the Bathroom door
Leakages generally occur as many people lack the awareness of various techniques that are required for waterproofing and selecting quality material for bathroom waterproofing.
In case, if an appropriate slope is not provided towards the drain of the water for a free flow, it will accumulate near the outlet points and will cause leakage. This can lead to damp walls and dirt or algae will be accumulated between the tile joints.
What are the steps involved in Bathroom Waterproofing?
- Checking the surface adhesion that helps to check the bonding strength of the membrane.
- The work area should be clean
- Corner pieces should be applied
- Tapes are applied for all the corners and edges in the bathroom
- Waterproof of the plumbing fittings done properly
- The membrane is applied to the wall
- Finishing or correction if required
- Member of the floor is applied for the sealing of the bathroom
- Cutting down of the shower drain
- Start the tiling process
Methods used for Bathroom waterproofing
- It is significant to have an appropriate slope near the drain for the water to flow freely.
- The drain of the bathroom that is near to the tap should be properly sealed with the joints with the help of a quality sealer.
- Tile joints should always be thin. If not done properly, this can lead to the accumulation of algae.
Water leakage can be a grave problem that needs to be repaired as soon as it crops. Waterproofing helps to prevent water from penetrating the house.
Selecting the right and quality materials for the bathroom waterproofing helps you to have a leak-free bathroom and a cost-effective solution over the years.